by No Dogs Allowed
Beijing, China - On Friday afternoon, a 26-year-old man and his wife took their two dogs – a poodle and a golden retriever – to Kudi Pet Park in Beijing’s Chaoyang Park. Everyone had a rollicking good time, until the couple’s golden retriever suddenly went limp after splashing around in the giant 30-square meter (approximately 90 square foot) pool. Then the poodle stopped splashing and went limp. The man became distressed at seeing his dogs floating unconscious in the pool, so he jumped in to try to save them – and lo and behold, he too fell unconscious in the water. Then the man’s wife reached out to her husband and passed out.
So what caused everyone to play possum in the pool? I’m guessing it was the live electric current coursing through the water, thanks to a pool equipment malfunction.
“This used to be a dog amusement park, now it’s a park of horrors,” said one witness.
“The pet park is for dogs to go swimming,” said another witness. “We all raise our dogs like they’re our children, and then this happens!”
The man died at a hospital. The woman survived her near-electrocution.
Shockingly, Beijing officials had no comment on the electrifying dog park incident.
The golden retriever and the poodle are now doing the electric slide on the other side of the rainbow bridge, perhaps with their master. ["It's electric, boogie woogie woogie woogie!"]
Watch a video report here.